1st Row: (R to L) Dr Eta R, Dr J Kado, Dr Dawn N, Dr Dimitra T, Dr Reapi M, Dr Tiko S, Dr Raape D,
2nd Row: (R to L) Dr Angel M, Dr Davina A, Dr Hinal T, Dr Ilisapeci A, Dr Priya K, Dr Asena T, Dr Thyna O, Dr Kuinita M, Dr Stephen L
3rd Row: (R to L) Dr Tieri K, Dr Tafou A, Dr Raineesha R, Dr Ravaele I, Dr Titus N, Dr Charlie R, Dr Bevlin M, Dr Seniyale R, Dr Wilma L, Ms Salote K (UNICEF)
Formed in May 2012 as an Incorporated Society, Pacific Paediatric Association Incorporated was established by working together as a collegial network of Pacific Paediatricians. With the mission to advance the health and well-being of children and young people in the Pacific region.
The Mission will be achieved through the specific objectives of the association which is as follows:
- To advocate for the rights and needs of children and young people in the Pacific.
- To support the development of services for children and young people in the region.
- To strengthen the professional education and training opportunities for Pacific Paediatricians and Child Health clinicians.
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge between Pacific Paediatricians and overseas colleagues.
- To encourage research and publication of “Best Practices” in Paediatrics.
- To enhance the professional status of Paediatricians in the Pacific and strengthen relationships with other professional organizations.
- To provide a forum for Pacific Island paediatricians to discuss and comment on matters affecting their practice.
- To promote ethical principles of paediatrics applicable to Pacific Island countries.
- To actively influence and participate in policy-making relevant to child and youth health.
The work is accomplished through the efforts of the Association members, who on the whole voluntarily provide their support and expertise.